Lead Research Engineer
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology
to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
The Technology Center department occupies a special position within Siemens Healthineers. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities across the globe, Technology Center helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The Technologies for Precision Medicine Research Group of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center in Bangalore, India is looking to recruit candidate who has a keen interest and passion to do interdisciplinary research and development in the areas of computational methods and optics. This person will be involved in hands-on development of computational algorithms for analyzing images acquired using various multi-spectral imaging technologies. The ideal candidate would combine knowledge of computation, image processing and analysis with a passion for development of algorithms and devices to understand biological data.
What are my responsibilities?
• Develop and optimize algorithms for detection and analysis of imaging features acquired using multi-spectral imaging technologies
• Conduct initial proof-of-concept experiments for assessing feasibility of imaging device ideas
• Design and implement computational imaging algorithms in suitable high-level programming language
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to translate concepts and algorithms into breadboard prototypes
• Contribute to the group’s efforts in image analysis algorithms in the areas of microscopy, spectroscopy
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Post-graduate degree (Ph.D. is preferred) in science/engineering in a field related to image processing, pattern recognition and/or computer vision
• 3+ years of relevant experience in algorithm development in atleast 3 of the following areas : image segmentation, feature extraction, multi-spectral imaging, color analysis, signal processing, pattern classification, computational photography, image analysis
• Strong understanding of image processing, analysis algorithms and tools for RGB, fluorescence, 3D images including detection and classification of objects in complex low/medium/high resolution datasets
• Knowledge of C/C++, Python is highly desirable
• Experience in Machine Learning is highly desirable
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative, self-directed, and a team player with an ability to take ownership and accountability of assigned tasks
• Basic understanding of optics, lighting, and digital image acquisition is a plus
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have further questions regarding this job offer, please be free to post your resume mandatorily through the link mentioned below