Head of global Manufacturing
Head of Global Manufacturing
Do you want to help grow a global company at the forefront of digitalisation in a changing market?
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is the market leading road technology business in the UK. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. ITS UK is part of a Global Siemens ITS network where the UK organization encompass a global Factory, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales. The global Factory manufactures ITS products which are exported globally.
The market is changing, motivated by both technology and changes in the public-sector customer base, so this is an exciting period for the industry where maintaining close long-term partnerships with customers is critical together with the ability to innovate not only our technology but also our commercial offering.
The Head of the Global Manufacturing is a key role within the ITS business. You will ensure that the global ITS portfolio is provided at a competitive cost basis and with the highest degree of quality. The global portfolio manufactured in Poole encompass PCBs, Traffic Light Signal Heads, Traffic Light Controllers, Cameras and other related electronic components. The strength of the global factory is clearly the ability to manufacture a high degree of variants at lower volumes and at a completive cost level.
As the Head of the global Manufacturing you will be a prime member of the Senior Management team helping to run a very successful end to end business in the UK.
A key requirement of the role is to ensure that all measures are in place to secure the highest degree of manufacturing quality, on time and at a completive cost basis. You will be instrumental in leading the business, identifying business opportunities derived from discussions with internal and external partners. You will be able to form close relationships to other business partners helping you to understand the requirements of your global customers. Your main interfaces will be with internal customers from UK and Germany.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Head of Global Manufacturing, will have the following operational responsibilities:
- Developing, executing and monitoring a global manufacturing strategy.
- Driving procedures, methods and innovations for maintaining high standards of operational performance.
- Ensuring that products are conform to local quality standards.
- Maintaining resources and capabilities necessary to deliver customer and business expectations.
- Formulating and recommending manufacturing policies.
- Driving the organization to maintain and improve its competitive position and its profitability.
- Leading different Siemens internal customers from UK, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux and Germany.
- Managing support functions such as Procurement, Engineering and all external partners contributing to the factory's success.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Extensive experience about state-of-the-art Manufacturing processes and methods to successfully lead a multi-million manufacturing account.
- Experience in leading larger teams with over 120 employees.
- Extensive experience about systematic methods to drive continuous improvements in productivity, efficiency, sustainability and reliability.
- Experience in managing global customers from continental Europe with focus on D-A-CH regions.
- Good communication skills and experiences in global business environments.
- Experience in promoting a safe and healthy working environment, according to EH&S and Quality policies.
- Commercial knowledge about typical financial performance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in typical IT Systems used in these environments.
- It would be beneficial if you can speak German but not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 90530
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time