Explore procurement market and its supplier know-how for Electric Commercial Vehicle applications such as Bus & Trucks in Asia to implement procurement strategies as a contribution to development and improvement of “Electronic Commercial Vehicles (ECV) business within Siemens AG”
1. Procurement market screening for potential suppliers for ECV applications
Provide enhanced knowledge of supply market, potential and preferred suppliers for ECV business (automotive background) primarily for China/Asia, but also for European location
Ability to evaluate suppliers concerning business technical requirements as well as business prerequisites, e.g. material cost targets
Include supplier innovations that improve Siemens’ cost position and/or the customer’s benefit.
Identify procurement risks (e.g. vendor restrictions), opportunities and market influences together with Procurement Organization to avoid potential damage / exploit potential.
2. Execution of Localization and 2nd Source Projects
Drive localization and 2nd Source projects for ECV concerning finding, qualifying and implementing local suppliers and support material qualification
3. Footprint projects
Contact partner of procurement for footprint projects in China/Asia: implement concepts to secure the procurement success of the ECV Workstreams with a systematic and strategic approach
Develop proposals for standardized methods, processes and systems for procurement to optimize processes and work results in projects and market screening for ECV
Prepare and conduct analyses to supply basic data for decisions, prepare Supplier Decisions, analysis of existing material in respective locations and its interpretations.
Vital communication between business requirement colleagues, potential and existing suppliers and between different procurement departments authorized by ECV. Goal is to ensure global collaboration in procurement departments responsible for ECV business and common knowledge management
Competence and Knowledge
What competences does the incumbent need for this function?
• Min. bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or another related field
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of commercial vehicle industry
• Min 3 years’ experience in Procurement, Project Procurement experience is a plus
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Cooperation, communication and capability within a intercultural team
• Fluent in Chinese and in English with strong communication skills
• Flexibility in frequent travelling within China/Asia