Pre-Construction Manager – Civil Engineering
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Pre-Construction Manager and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
You will lead estimates for the civil engineering and building works within electricity transmission substations and high voltage direct current interconnector convertor stations. You will work alongside other members of the tendering & engineering teams to develop customer and company requirements to secure value solutions.
What part will you play?
- Undertake estimates for the civil engineering, building and building services works
- Identify and record opportunity and risk during tender process
- Liaise with the business management, head of civil engineering, bid manager, planner and designers to agree strategy and methodology
- Present estimates at adjudication/bid approval stage
- Close out actions and monitor customer negotiations, undertaking estimate amendments as required
- Prepare estimating handover packs
- Generate client confidence in Civil Engineering solutions and offers
- Provide Civil Engineering technical advice and support for the offer phase
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You will be a great communicator coupled with fantastic commercial / contractual awareness
- Professional Membership: CEng/IEng with the Institute of Civil Engineers, MCIOB/ICIOB with the Chartered Institute of Building, MRICS/AssocRICS- Construction Pathways
- BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Technology or equivalent
- Relevant experience with HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering/Construction discipline
- Good understanding of CDM Regulations 2015
- Experience gained within a bid team and/or commercial setting and also working as part of a project delivery team
Make your mark on the exciting world of Siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds making the future and you could be one of them. Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you finish all of the areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but also an annual bonus.. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 90862
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time