Embedded System Development Engineer
Siemens Subsea is developing and delivering subsea power, subsea control and monitoring, distribution and sensing products and systems to the global subsea industry. The unit is a segment headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We place a strong emphasis on the complete value chain from pre-engineering to long term operational support. We are developing components that will form a complete subsea power grid system allowing large scale subsea distribution of power to multiple consumers.
We also have supporting technologies like pipeline heating systems for flow assurance and Subsea Hydraulic power units. In addition we offer a world class range of power and electrical and fiber connectors, sensors and advanced digitalization solutions as well as a wide range of subsea distribution products. Siemens Subsea has locations in Norway, US, UK, Brazil, Angola and Malaysia. Subsea System provides customer-specific subsea systems and solutions for subsea applications within: Subsea Power and Subsea Digitalization and Controls. The Product Development and Management department is responsible for executing development and maintenance of all Subsea products/systems at all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are seeking Embedded System Development Engineer
Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in design, development, testing and qualification of software and hardware for our Subsea control- and condition monitoring system
- Some travel activity may be required to visit domestic and international customer sites as well as offshore facilities from time to time.
Experience and qualifications
- Master/bachelor of Science (engineering cybernetics, electronics or similar) with experience within embedded hardware and software development.
- Interested in and enthusiastic about development of embedded/realtime systems on different system platforms (QNX, Linux, DSP, AVR)
- Knowledge about and experience in objectoriented software development and programming in C++
- Competence with design, testing and qualifications of electronics is prefered
- Knowledge about Subsea and top-side control systems, communications standards and Subsea communications protocols will be an advantage
- Good capability to collaborate with international teams and different company cultures
- Good communication skills in both Norwegian and English, oral and written
Why join us
In Siemens Subsea you will work in the most exciting technical field in subsea industry. You will be part of building, qualifying and commercializing a full digitalization solution for Subsea and Oil & Gas Offshore. The type of solutions being developed has been identified by OG21 as one of the key enabling technologies for the Norwegian petroleum sector in the coming years.
A position with great influence and impact in developing Subsea and Oil
& Gas Offshore solutions. You will be a part of a high competence
environment and culture, which are in front of a new technology that will
radically change the way of thinking in the Oil and Gas industry.
Contact: Group Manager Subsea Control Kjetil Volent, phone +47 47 36 52 81
Application deadline: Sunday 13.th of January 2019
We use backgroundcheck in our recruitments.
Job ID: 90892
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time