Design & Web Tool Developer
Design & Web Tool Developer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens is seeking to hire a highly motivated Design & Web Tool Development Engineer to drive the digital transformation. In this position you will implement customizations for commercial design tools, such as UG NX. The design and web tool development will be executed in close collaboration with the users of our global R&D organization - taking their input and feedback into account. In addition, you will develop & maintain web-based applications, such as in-house simulation & sales tools for our gas turbines. You will also maintain internal web portals to inform our global user base about updated design guidelines and best-practice working methods. The majority of the tasks will be associated to our needs for R&D, but you will also support other business functions, such as Service and Sales, on a need basis.
This position will be assigned to a global Engineering Standards group, which applies standard parts for various turbomachinery products – Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generator, and their auxiliary equipment. The department works across multiple locations in Orlando (US), Charlotte (US), Muelheim (GER), Erlangen (GER), Finspong (SWE), and Lincoln (GB). This posting is determined for Gurgaon, Haryana.
• Maintenance and improvement of our customizations of commercial design tools, such as UG NX
• Programming and further development of in-house simulation & sales tools for turbomachinery equipment (gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and their auxiliaries)
• Maintenance and further development of web portal to scale design standards and best-practice UG NX working methods in our global R&D organization
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor in Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 2 to 5 years of Engineering work experience
• Expertise in coding in various environments (NX Open Environment, Java, C++ coding, HTML, CSS)
• Experience in design or web tool development of more than 1 year
• Practical experiences as technical writer for specifications and methods
• Ability to travel globally
• Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
• High degree of flexibility in assuming new tasks & responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
• Solid entrepreneurial thinking
• Solid understanding of the interactions between quality, cost and delivery time
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Expertise in Engineering or R&D
• Expertise with UG NX and Simcenter as a user
• Expertise with TeamCenter content manager
• Expertise in Simantics modeling and XMTL
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 90964
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time