UG NX Methods & Standards Developer
UG NX Methods & Standards Developer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens is seeking to hire a highly motivated Methods & Standards Development Engineer to drive the digital transformation. In this position you will drive improvements in effective and efficient usage of the design and simulation tool UG NX across our global R&D organization. You will develop and maintain best-practice NX methods for our global network of R&D Engineers as well as libraries of various design features. You will also act as a multiplier of updated design guidelines and reference NX design methods. The majority of the tasks will be associated with our needs for R&D, but you will also support other business functions, such as Service and Sales, on a need basis.
This position will be assigned to a global Engineering Standards group that serves our global R&D organization, developing various turbomachinery products – Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generator, and their auxiliary equipment. The department works across multiple locations in Orlando (US), Charlotte (US), Muelheim (GER), Erlangen (GER), Finspong (SWE), and Lincoln (GB). This posting is determined for Gurgaon, Haryana.
• Development of reference design methods for NX
• Development and maintenance of libraries of design features
• Be part of the global platform team for NX and drive harmonization and improvements
• Release and maintain reference documentation related to design & product definition with NX
• Multiplier for NX and product definition guidelines according to ISO standards
through user training, support in the publication of methods, guidelines and reference NX CAD models
• Drive design-to-cost measures
Additional Preferred Experience
• Expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, and software engineering
• Expertise is managing and manipulating large data sets (Python, R or equivalents)
• Expertise in creating visualized reporting (Python, R)
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English
• Technical knowledge related to turbomachinery
• Experience working with internal customers
• Exceptional ability to build relationships
• Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
• Enthusiastic and motivated
• Experience with industrial data / Internet of Things (IoT) desired
• Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems with code (3+ years of coding experience)
• Experience with data acquisition, automation, and control systems desired
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 2 to 5 years of Engineering work experience
• Practical experiences as a designer using NX
• Practical experience with product definition according to ISO standards
• Ability and willingness to travel globally
• Excellent team player to support and serve a global team
• High flexibility in assuming new tasks & responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
• Solid entrepreneurial thinking
• Solid understanding of the interactions between quality, cost and delivery time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Expertise in Engineering
• Experiences with UG NX analysis tools, e.g. Simcenter
• Expertise with the NX Open Environment, Java, or C++ coding
• Expertise in programming with Visual Basic, Python, or other languages
• Experiences with macro programming and version management using tools such as GitLab
• Expertise in power generation business is beneficial
• Solid experience with working in a global team
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 90968
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time