Software Engineer for Advanced Data Acquisition Systems
Software Engineer for Advanced Data Acquisition System
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Research & Development
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Occasionally, however, travel to the sites where the turbomachinery equipment is installed will be required.
- This position provides collaboration and growth opportunities within the digitalization fields of Siemens through its senior management, domain experts, software architects, technical partners and universities, throughout our many locations in North America, Europe, and Asia - incl. India.
- Install and configure images, programs, and modules.
- Set up databases and create tag lists. Implement sensor signal additions and changes.
- Configure batch jobs for data mining and conduct bug fixing.
- Configure connections and interfaces to turbomachinery control systems such as SPPA-T3000 replicated archives and/or OPC.
- Recover systems or modules in case of failures and faults.
- Collaborate with and share knowledge, experience, and preferred practices with a global team of experts on our data acquisition systems.
- Identify, propose, and implement improvements to processes, products, and solutions.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Solid knowledge of and expertise in management of large quantity of industrial data; databases, data archives, data formats & structures, data streaming, networks, interfaces (API), and communication protocols & layers.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of cloud and edge computing.
- Solid experience with C, C++, Java, and Python.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English.
- Technical knowledge related to turbomachinery.
- High degree of autonomy, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and willingness to take decisions.
- Experience working with internal customers.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships.
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Master degree preferred.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 90988
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time