IT and Business Analyst Internship (12 months)
Job Title: IT and Business Analyst Internship
Start Date: June 2019
Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
How do you shape the future through data and digitalisation? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Embark on a journey to join the Medium Voltage & Systems business in Manchester. Serving the UK Power Distribution sector, we are dedicated to deliver sustainable engineered solutions with an uncompromising approach to safety, quality and continuous improvement.
We are looking for somebody to play an instrumental part in digitally transforming the business. In this fast-paced competitive environment, our challenge is to harness digitalisation to increase operational efficiencies that will benefit our customers. We are looking for candidates to bring innovative ideas that will challenge the status quo and take our business to the next level.
Candidates will have a passion for using data and technology solutions to improve working practices, key responsibilities are:
- Working on multiple projects to build your digital and data management skills.
- Integrating numerous IT platforms (e.g. SAP, Microsoft, Tableau, Sharepoint…)
- Working across the whole business automating key processes to improve the transparency, speed, access and accuracy of information to deliver benefits to the customer.
- Manipulating data to create management insights to drive solutions
- Improving the document management and workflow capability and planning and scheduling within the business.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds-
- Good business acumen
- Experience of various IT platforms and applications
- Able to work on own initiative; being self-organised and motivated will be key
- Confident in challenging the status quo with good problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Analytical thinker paying good attention to detail
Minimum Educational Requirements
Five GCSEs including English, Maths, Science & three A-levels
Working towards a Computer Science, IT or any other equivalent degree involving data analysing modules
This role will be based at our office in Manchester.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 91003
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time