Software Test Engineer(Domain)
Designation : Software Test Engineer
Skill : Testing
Location : Gurgaon
- The ‘Engineer - Verification / Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
- He / she shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are balanced. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
- He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
- Review user / software requirements documentation with relevant stake holders.
- Specify and execute test cases (including automation scripts if applicable) based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy
- Develop & validate automated and manual tests.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and (Lead) Engineer - Quality / Senior Quality Manager as well as Lead Engineer Validation & Verification and reasoning
- Craft test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Required Skills and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical Engineering.
- Candidate with 2-4 years of Software testing experience in Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) or any other processing plants.
- Practical experience at project sites and engineering centers would be essential.
- Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
- Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS is preferred.
- Experience of features and functions in a control system.
- Experience on protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870 and DNP in a control system.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. Strong Analytical skills are desirable for bug handling.
- Experience on Simatic family products. (Scalance network switches, firewall, S7 CPU, ADDFEM)
- Good communication skill (oral and written), quick learner for new technologies.
- Experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) on project sites or any other processing plants will have an added advantage.
Your first step to join us is your application!
Our Talent Acquisition team is looking forward to getting to know you.
We place phenomenal value on equal opportunity and are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Use your skills to move the world forward.
Job ID: 91005
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time