Application Specialist - Internal Combustion Engine
We are looking for an Application Specialist in the field of Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) CFD simulations. You will be part of a team of technical experts within the CCM Product Management organization, which works closely with Product Development, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing to make Simcenter STAR-CCM+ the leading CFD-focused multiphysics solution for Internal Combustion Engines. In this role, you will be a technical resource and leader for the global Siemens PLM Software company, with responsibilities related to material generation for expediting the sales and support functions, technical guidance for customers, managing internal and external technical relationships, and providing technical input to the development process.
Prerequisite and Essential Functions:
- Overall responsibility
- Required education and focus
- Required technical experience (including number of years)
- Required work experience (including number of years)
- Bachelors – 7 yrs, Masters – 5 yrs, Ph.D. – 3 yrs
- Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
o Hands-on experience with commercial CFD software/s (STAR-CD/es-ice, Converge, AVL Fire, Ricardo VECTIS, etc.)
- Preferred education and focus (if applicable)
- Preferred Masters or Ph.D. with experience in in-cylinder CFD simulations
- Preferred past experience (including number of years)
- Preferred at least 5 years of experience in automotive CFD
- Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Expert knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Expert knowledge of JAVA, Python and C++
- Experience with cluster management
- Working business knowledge of CAE simulation industry
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, including generous holiday allowance and pension.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 91015
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time