Purpose of the Role:
Based in our Siemens PLM Software offices in Cambridge, UK, this position involves working within a group responsible for developing & maintaining our software component product suite, Parasolid.
The successful candidate will undertake a key role in the major group activities, which include:
· Test analysis of core and related software products.
· Configuration, maintenance, and development of in-house and 3rd party QA/development tools.
· Setup and maintenance of Test Environments.
· Product release work, including process documentation and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This role goes beyond traditional software testing, and requires a rigorous analytical approach. Duties include:
· Root cause analysis of automated testing results.
· Offering help and debugging advice to internal product programmers.
· Maintenance and enhancement of existing testing tools and systems.
· Liaison with other internal/external software teams.
· Parasolid QA Manager
· Members of the QA/tools team
· Group development staff
· Internal/External customers – occasional contact with other organisations
Qualifications & Accreditations:
· Graduate or post-graduate qualification (minimum 2:1) in a numerate discipline, (eg mathematics, sciences, engineering, computing).
· Other qualifications / recent training in other QA/test methodologies.
· Extensive proven experience in software development or software test role
· Or extensive proven experience in equivalent technical/analytical environment.
· Experience maintaining database systems.
· Experience of supporting or developing tools for software developers/engineers.
· Good understanding of the software development lifecycle with particular emphasis on quality and testing methodologies.
· Proficient in one or more high-level computing languages (C++/C#, Visual Basic, Perl or similar).
· Additional experience with database systems, associated languages and tools would be a distinct advantage.
· Experience with web-based technologies (HTML/XML/JScript)
· Demonstrable computer programming ability with real-world experience
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• Good communication and teamwork skills.
• A reliable eye for detail.
• Strong time management skills.
• Capable of following complex processes and also applying judgement.
• The ability to work on multiple tasks and be flexible in approach with minimal supervision.
• The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
• Possess good analytic and problem solving skills.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 91077
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time