Senior Design Engineer – Electrical Primary Offshore
Title – Senior/Principal Design Engineer – Electrical Primary
We are recruiting for a senior electrical primary design engineer to join our substation platform engineering team based in Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the future of offshore substation platforms. You will be part of a friendly, innovative and successful team delivering a portfolio of pioneering solutions for the international AC offshore market.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for primary offshore substation conceptual design from tender through to delivery.
- Project/Client main point of contact for Primary electrical design
- Deliver primary offshore substation design in line with the agreed scope, timescales, budget and in line with Siemens Engineering design process and procedure.
- Design co-ordination with the client, project management and other interfaces.
- Production and approval of primary Technical Specifications
- Production and approval Single Line Diagrams.
- Review Client supplied ITT documents and specifications.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety by Design principals and processes.
- Attending and chair design reviews.
- Attend meetings, internal, with client, designers, fabricators, suppliers, etc as necessary.
- Monitoring of the engineering delivery progress as per the engineering programme of the project, escalating issues as and when required to the Principal Engineer .
- Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Department’s procedures.
Competence - Mandatory
- HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering.
- Typically completed 5 projects designs within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
- Offshore substation (topside) engineering experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Good standard of IT literacy – especially AutoCAD, Word, Visio and Excel.
- Good written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
Competence - Desirable
- Good appreciation of the major drivers for all the platform disciplines of Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Fire Detection and Control, HVAC, LV/MV Electrical and Protection, Instrumentation and Control, Telecoms, Safety and Transport & Installation.
- Inventor 3D design & BIM.
Job ID: 91080
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time