Overall responsibility / Mission
Reporting to the COMS Project Manager, the CIS/DC is accountable for :
- Interfacing with the Design team to close changes in designs, ensure materials are available and ordered as per requirements
- Updates of Documentation needed both in the Design & Installation areas to support both internal and external partners
- Daily reporting of site progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) V actual
- Liaison on and off site with the Sub contractor.
- Highlighting any slippages and actions taken for recovery.
The CIS/DC will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide good written, clear, concise reports along with the ability to present findings to Management.
Measurement of success
- Clear Concise Daily reports
- Ability to manage and handle different versions of documentation
- Interface into the multinational companies involved in the project
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Non conformance reports
- Instruction and control to ensure Installation running to schedule or ahead of schedule
- Successful handover between internal COM departments and other internal and external stakeholders.
Objectives / main activities
- Coordinate the Communications installation works and the Design aspects with the project management and his representative and subsequently the Sub Contractor.
- Liaison on a daily basis with the Installation Sub Contractor and on occasions the client representatives
- Evaluate problems and contribute to team driven solutions with the projects best interest always the driver.
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or installation defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing Snag items through to completion.
- Co- ordination of site materials and logistics with the Installation Contractor.
- Undertake site surveys and inspections
- Participate in ITP witnessing as and when directed
- Dealing with any site specific queries - escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all method statements and drawings used on site are the latest and up to date
- Manage the access to the site with the Overall Site Management
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the InstallationManager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met
- Perform tasks to a strict time schedule as instructed and determined by the project.
- Prepare , in conjunction with the Sub Contractor the As-Built mark-ups as feedback to the CAD-Designers after handover
Reporting line / functional manager
Function reports to:
Communications Project Manager
Knowledge / Qualification
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering
- Two years work experience on Communication or Electrical Installation Project or similar
- Railway organisational project experience a highly valued asset
- Experienced in dealing with Design & installation teams
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles NFPA standards.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
Job ID: 91280
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time