Design Engineer- Mechanical
Design Engineer- Mechanical for Steam Turbine Products
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Creation of drawings in 3D CAD Software (Preferred in NX or Creo and AutoCAD)
• Prepares and checks assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts, inspection data and bill of materials per design specifications following drawing/ modeling, Team center & SAP guidelines
• Support design lead to evaluate non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and field issues.
• Communication within the engineering to define required hardware scope on a site specific basis within defined boundary conditions
• Performs studies to insure proper form, fit, and function of parts and/or assemblies
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical engineering graduate/post-graduate with 3-6 years of experience in Steam turbine, Hydro turbine or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
• Excellent spatial sense and general design knowledge regarding cast and welded design
• Excellent knowledge about manufacturing specific design. Knowledge about additive manufacturing is beneficial.
• Excellent skills in NX or Creo and Auto CAD Software
• Advanced skills in MS-Office, SAP, Teamcenter
• Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills
• Be comfortable working on different projects with colleagues in multiple time zones
• Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
• Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
• Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 91352
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time