Construction and Installation Manager (m/f/d) Wayside Signalling
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be joining the central bid department for railway signaling technology, used to improve the safety and efficiency of mainline railways throughout the world.
- You will contribute your practical expertise in commissioning and/or construction engineering right from the bid phase and then as site manager you will implement the projects won.
- During the bid phase you will analyze customer requirements and solutions drawn up in-house and review their feasibility. You will also make proactive improvement suggestions to optimize the construction site.
- You will estimate outlay, including by inspecting the potential constructions sites, and you will support scheduling.
- During the project phase you will head the Siemens Mobility commissioning team on site and manage subcontractors.
- You will coordinate project implementation, with a firm eye on the quality, deadline and time objectives which you have played a significant role in drawing up yourself.
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory provisions (in particular EHS).
- You have completed a university degree in an engineering discipline.
- You can also offer extensive professional experience in the commissioning/installation/assembly of railway signaling technology systems (lineside equipment/trackside).
- Ideally you have also gained experience in bid management, but this is not essential.
- You demonstrate impressive (technical) management experience.
- For international projects, you can offer a very good knowledge of German and English and are very willing to undertake business travel.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 91477
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time