Assistant Project Manager
Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager for our Rail Electrification business in Coventry. Working with the Project Managers and reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager will assist with the safe, on-time and on-budget delivery of exciting Electrification projects across the UK Rail Network.
What are my responsibilities
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, fit-out, and test of traction power equipment, and in particular traction power or distribution substations at 650V DC, 25kV AC, 33kV AC.
- Establishes a highly motivated high performing, success orientated team to meet the project requirements.
- Provides project reports as required to the business and to clients.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project team, and other relevant decision-makers in respect of matters arising on the project
- Carefully prepares in conjunction with the company's commercial management all correspondence and written and verbal transactions related to the conduct of the project works both technical and commercial.
- Can understand, take into account and put forward / present a strategic viewpoint when it comes to the finances and delivery of the project.
- Plans strategy for maintaining good relations, communicating and exchanging information with the customer and other interested parties (stakeholders).
- Ensure the correct emphasis is placed on HSQE and is demonstrated at all times by their leadership and behaviour.
- Ensure the HSQE protection and compliance of Siemens Rail Electrification operations, activities and employees. (Ultimately responsible for ensuring that their area of the business meets all its HSQE obligations to all affected parties and for assisting the wider business to meet its HSQE obligations).
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Project Management or Engineering experience at a similar level, ideally within UK railway electrification projects. Transferable knowledge from other relevant power distribution industries also considered.
- Project management experience ideally within the rail industry.
- Further education qualification, ideally degree qualified
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Technical & engineering skills, qualifications & experience
- Commercial aptitude & awareness
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems, including MS Office applications, and an understand of Primavera Project software (e.g. P6e)
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 91668
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time