At Siemens, we are on a constant search for bright and innovative minds to fill our ranks. If you are a fast learner, creative, able to work with multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams and have a strong desire to be a winner, we dare you to test your limits with Siemens. We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel for Singapore:
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide business-oriented solutions and advice to the business units and corporate departments in Siemens Singapore to facilitate the business goals and objectives
- Advise all business units and corporate departments on contractual questions and claim issues, including drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all legal documents and transactional support on key deals and projects, in order to mitigate risk exposures to Siemens. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the sales teams in preparation of commercial bids from a legal perspective and to support in the contractual structuring of projects and bids. This will include reviewing of tender documents, framework agreements, supply and services agreements and consortium agreements in close cooperation with sales team and commercial counterparts
- Managing project specific limits of authorization (risk management tool) regarding release/approval of specific contract risks
- Supporting division's procurement department in respect of contractual aspects
- Representing the company during customer negotiations to ensure efficient handling and resolution of legal issues
- Working with relevant internal departments to review insurance and tax matters, bank bond & guarantees. letter of credits and export control issues
- Managing disputes and claim management process including liaising with and supervising external lawyers
- Actively participate in the development of processes and policies relating to the Legal Department
- Conduct or facilitate in-house legal training as required by the business and other corporate departments
- Good understanding of HR & Legal tech knowledge is a plus
- Undertake such duties as and when assigned by the General Counsel
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- Possess Degree in Law with at least 5 years PQE from a leading law firm or international company.
- Proven Industry specific contract management know how in the gas and power, smart infrastructure and/or digital industry
- Good analytical and drafting skills organized and committed to deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, with keen ability to evaluate all contractual/claim implications with a focus on solutions and results
- Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegial personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English
Job ID: 91775
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time