The Engineer - Configuration Management executes configuration management (CM) activities (including build and release management) in projects according to CM plan.
He / she supports the Team Lead and is responsible for establishing CM strategy and CM processes for organization, establish project related CM processes in line with the overall project plan as well as writing the CM plan, automating CM processes across projects as well as planning and maintaining the CM system.
Ensures timely execution of all CM processes within the relevant project including ontime delivery of builds and packages, supporting uptime of the CM setup.
• Plan, execute and track configuration management activities across organization & projects adhering to timeline, quality and features.
• Define CM strategy and CM processes (including data security and backup) at organization level & project level based on overall project plan, ensure
definition of CM plan to formalize strategy and processes.
• CM Server Management including access control & backup.
• Plan and manage hardware and software resources for organization & project related CM setup to ensure reliable uptime for the teams.
• Automate project related CM processes using scripts for multiple projects by evaluation of tools, technology and automation to ensure more reliable and
• Support identification of new, emerging CM technologies and tools.
• Guide project team members on all CM aspects. Initiate and conduct CM audits.
• Participate in experience exchange with other experts. Support CM related best practice sharing across projects.
• Leverage of synergies of CM strategy at segment level.
• Provide builds, packages and CM reports.
Qualification: Master or Bachelor Degree
Experience: Overall 4-6 years’ experience in the Configuration Management
• Deep professional know-how based on practical experience and theoretical foundation; transfer know-how to new contexts, develops CM strategy
independently: CM concepts and best practices, CM server setup management, multi-site management, build and release management, automation
• Expertise in the prescribed software development process quality model (including audits and assessments and any external regulatory compliance
• Knowledge on CM tools, CM concepts like labels, branches, triggers and their practical applicability.
• Build CM tools, Packaging tools.
• Standard platforms (UNIX, Windows etc.): Knowledge of various operating systems, their key features and differences.
• Scripting language: Experience in writing and maintaining automation scripts written in various scripting languages, especially Shell/Python.
• Change management tools: Knowledge on setting up and using change management tools in corresponding processes incl. control of baselines.
Self-starter, quick learner, Good at team work and able to work under pressure.
• Strong written and oral English communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal & presentation skills.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management.