System Engineer - Instrumentation and Control ( I & C )
System Engineer – I&C
Location: Vadodara, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for carrying detail Engineering, Planning and Scheduling for below Instrumentation and Control ( I & C ) package for power generating station in order to meet performance and contract specification.
- 1. Turbine supervisory Panel
- 2. Governor, vibration monitoring & Over speed protection system
- 3. Control and Protection logic for steam turbine & Auxiliary of various configuration
- 4. Drawings like P & ID, instrument hook-up, cable tray routine
- 5. Documents like instrument index, instrument datasheets, DCS I/O list, setting list
- 6. Load sharing and governor control for various Network and Turbine operating modes
- 7. Selection and specification of various field instruments and junction box
- 8. Cable and earthing engineering
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Familiar with reading and interpreting P&ID, control narratives. Knowledge of Siemens Control Systems (T3000, Simatic S5/7) shall be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of PLC/DCS system of Siemens/ others system like Emerson/Yokogawa/ABB/Honeywell/Invensys is added advantage
- Knowledge on SIL requirements and HAZOP study inputs shall be added advantage.
- standard control strategies.
- statutory requirements.
- Provide support to Project Purchase Groups by Freezing Purchase Specification, interactions with Vendors and evaluations of offers in implementing the
- technical and contractual requirement.
- Provide support to quality & Site team for factory and site acceptance test ( SAT & FAT )
- Review of project Engineering documentation & Design development Packages and explore further need for Cost Optimization across various packages and
- Value Engineering options feasible.
- Hands on experience in AutoCAD drawings for the above categories of drawings.
- Hands on experience standard tools like MS Visio, MS Access & MS Excel.
- Knowledge of schematic preparation and component selection for control Panels.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 91824
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time