CAD Design Manager
What are my responsibilities?
- The post holder will assist the Design Team in ensuring that the business can effectively deliver
- CAD deliverables to meet client requirements. The role provides CAD support at project level in the knowledge, application and development of the CAD discipline.
- The post holder will be responsible for producing and amending a variety of signaling engineering design drawings prepared by the Design Team. This will include preparing drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, equipment layouts etc.
- The post holder will assist with the preparation of hand back documents for submission to the client, prepare and update As In Service drawings with information provided from site.
- The post holder, in performing his/her role, will be required to work closely with the Design Team to ensure an integrated design solution is presented for all projects. This will extend to working and interfacing with the client, if required.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring adherence at all times to Siemens Business Management Systems, Safety working policies, standards, procedures and standard practices as well as those applicable to client requirements and regulations.
- The post holder shall be required to have a good understanding of E,H and S legis lation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
- The post holder shall provide the highest quality and level of customer service. Achieving delivery timescales at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
- Support core CAD delivery across the Design Team.
- Produce compliant, suitable drawings to meet the requirements of the contract.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor degree or above in Electrical Engineering, ideally in the field of power distribution, electrical control and protection system.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the rail sector within an engineering related discipline with the following software packages as a minimum:
- Bentley Microstation V8i
- Use of Sharepoint, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of current design tools and engineering design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment.
- Ability to identify, interpret and apply client CAD standards where required.
Job ID: 92019
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time