IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
We are recruiting a Project Manager to join our IT team based in Lincoln which supports the Industrial Turbomachinery business within Siemens. Working with the business you will be responsible for the full project lifecycle of IT projects including corporate projects such as the deployment of Windows 10 and Office 365 across 1900 employees, scoping and delivery of local business specific projects such as digitalisation of the factory floor.
What are my responsibilities?
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Ensure resource availability and allocation
· Develop a detailed project plan to monitor, track and report progress
· Plans the implementation of IT application or infrastructure systems and proposes implementation plans, including make-or-buy studies.
· Develop system specs and test requirements for software implementations/ enhancements.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
· Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
· Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with customers as well as other staff members
· Perform other related duties as assigned
What qualifications are required?
Ideally a formal Project management - Prince II, PMI or equivalent. Degree in a computing discipline.
What experince is required?
· Experience of working in a large Global IT organization
· Experience of managing and delivery IT projects. Would have worked to an industry recognised project methodlogy and reporting standard.
· Ability to motivate, drive, influence team members and other parties to meet deadlines and budgets
· Strong decesion making capabilities and business/IT analysis skills.
· Culturally aware and know how to influence in these different environments/countries to achieve project delivery
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Experience and knowledge of PM@Siemens would be a plus but not essential
· Experience of Agile methodology
· Budget management awareness and experience
Job ID: 92035
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time