Transformer Service Crew Leader
With power chain management from creation to consumption, Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
Transformer Service Crew Leader (“CL”) is a field service supervisor responsible for assignment of personnel, environment, safety and the overall performance of crew / contractors on field projects. The CL is the primary expert in assembly, service and repair of transformers, although CL and crew, may be assigned other work individually or as part of a larger electrical substation or power plant. The CL is responsible for supervising, both technically and administratively crew members and assigned contractor(s) and is expected to take decisive and/or corrective action for the well-being of the crew, environment, project, customer and /or the organization as a whole.
The CL is responsible for company assets, including the maintenance, safe operation & condition of equipment/vehicles, (assigned, rented, loaned or leased) and the contents, tools or accessories.
Often requires extensive travel and non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions
Duties / Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The CL is responsible for:
- following and/or enforcing Siemens Environmental Health & Safety policies with his/her assigned crew
- monitoring and maintaining tools, equipment and company vehicles
- vendors/sub-contractors assigned to their crew to perform duties in accordance with local, customer, industry and corporate laws, regulations and/or standards
- On-time, within budget performance of assigned projects. He/she is responsible to obtain budget parameters of assigned projects,
- including scope of work, hours/days budgeted, allowed expenses and anticipated vendor/subcontractor delivery requirements
- coordination/assignment of crew members, including lodging and travel, with Project Manager and/or Regional Service Manager (“RSM”) coordination of heavy equipment, tankers, test equipment and various vendors
- ensure vehicles, tools, equipment and materials are in safe, operating order and perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance service, inventory and corrective repairs with his/her crew
- Maintain effective communication with site contact for coordination and project management, including daily updates, written and/or verbal, with RSM, including project changes, safety reviews (i.e. tailgate meetings), safety incidents (near misses, safety violations, environmental incidents, security incidents), work scope changes, etc.
- Ensure crew members report work time and expenses daily or weekly utilizing on-line tools.
- Perform periodic technical evaluations of crew members, utilizing spot reports and technical evaluation forms. This may include on-the-spot corrective actions of assigned crew members
- Demonstrate senior level proficiency in other job classifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct manager.
- Willing to travel (Spain and abroad)
Skills and Tools
- Must have high level field supervisory skills not only to supervise the crew members and subcontractors as assigned, but to provide a healthy and environmentally friendly work environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, including experience in supervising a crew, sub-contractors and vendors, as required.
- Must be able to provide technical instructions regarding required tasks, to crew and subcontractors, the safe and correct assembly, maintenance of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories. This includes interpretation and following work scope, assembly, general arrangement drawings, electrical prints and one line diagrams as well as test data and factory instruction manual
- Must be able to perform power and distribution transformer receipt inspections, including the completion of receipt inspection reports as per the standard and assigned processes
- Must be able to perform and direct crew members with the safe and correct operation of transformer oil processor including the performance of vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining of oil-filled power and distribution transformers, as well as document the process as required
- Must have strong commercial and industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, time management and good analytical skills
- Must demonstrate collaboration and well work well with teams and on an individual level
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office, Word and Windows based software as well as on line tools as instructed
- Spanish: Bilingual.
- English: High
- Professional Training orTechnical Engineer Mention Electricity or similar degree, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years of combined field service technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers/transformer accessories in the utility/energy electrical industry.
- Special skill set in one or combined Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage, Medium Voltage and High Voltage will be highly preferred
- Prior experience training and/or education as a field lead, foreman, or supervisor
- Requires effective communications skills and ability to lead experienced staff.
- Very good time management and analytical skills.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Documented on-the-job training for the installation, maintenance, service and repair of LV, MV and HV substation, power plant electrical equipment and specifically power and distribution transformers
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 92040
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time