Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions
We are recruiting for a Applications Engineer in the Sales and Marketing function of the AGT Product Line of Distributed Generation (DG) Business Unit in the Siemens Power Services Division. The position is based within the Modification and Upgrades Program (M&Us) proposals team based at our office in Warwick. The position reports in to the Head of Proposals (Modification and Upgrades).
You will be part of a small team of co-located Application Engineers responsible for timely delivery of Technical proposals to our global customer base. The proposals generated are for modifications and upgrade services specific to the Aeroderivative Gas Turbine product.
What are my responsibilities?
- The Application Engineer is Solely Accountable for thel Technical elements forming the proposal and has a responsibility for ensuring the associated successful sale and order intake. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review customer technical specifications (data sheets, P&ID's) and prepare clarifications that provide an acceptable technical solution to both the customer and Siemens.
Define the overall scope for the upgrade, including but not limited to Engine, Package Mechanical, Package Electrical, Controls, scope of work complete with required technical definition and associated drawings / drawing markups for the proposal.
• Confirm cost for scope and associate equipment.
• Obtain operations delivery commitment for the proposal scope of supply based on the bid strategy established by SDM and customer specifications.
• Confirm related technical comments & exceptions to customer specifications.
Ensure integration of package auxiliary systems with driver and driven equipment.
• Identify and help mitigate associated risks during the bid phase to achieve a successful execution by the project team.
• Clear communication of project specifications & requirements to both internal & external supply chain. Provide a clear explanation of agreed commitments and identify deviations from Standard build packages to meet the customer requirements.
• Communication of committed schedule, cost, and scope.
• Provide detailed engineering/procurement specifications for Major Buy purchased equipment and provide a technical review & commit costs for Sub-Suppliers equipment with agreed comments and exceptions to specifications.
• Supply project team with final committed Supplier Document Register List (SDRL) & Inspection & Test Plan (ITP).
• Utilize internal resources to produce bid phase product defined drawings and diagrams. Work with the project team to satisfy contract delivery timeliness of SDRL items and hardware.
• Attend and support LoA and Design Review meetings as required.
• As applicable, complete the AE Check List and get approval from the AE Manager or Sr. Specialist AE in order to support delivery of On-time delivery of proposals.
• Provide technical support to the APMs in the proposal presentation and clarifications meetings with the customer.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers.
• Work with due regard to all company policies including those of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. Conduct the job in a manner that is in the best interest of Siemens.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Relevant experience preferably with gas turbines service sales & proposals. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related
- Sales/Proposals/Application Engineering experience in the Oil and Gas, Power Generation or Service Industry.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written at all levels (internal and external)
- Strong Analytical and computer skills
- Strategic thinker
- Willingness to work flexibly and travel at short notice
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong customer focus and passion for delivery
- MBA desirable
- Ability to work within a large matrix organization
- Experience of international, cross cultural sales would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions for services is preferred
- A second language, although not essential, may be an advantage
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
This role forms part of the Power Services division and is the world’s leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises of highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years.
We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges, across key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure and cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
Job ID: 92086
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time