Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Quality Advisor to join the TRUe Alliance HSQES team. This role will be reporting to the Quality Manager and will be based in our client’s York offices along with other alliance partners. The Quality Advisor will offer support the Alliance to go beyond conformance to performance by driving and promoting a quality culture within the alliance.
The mission of the Alliance is to transform the East of Leeds route allowing people to travel faster, more reliably and in greater comfort between the North’s great cities. Providing passengers with more choice, more seats and better facilities on a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly railway.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Develop and implement a risk-based audit programme across the alliance including joint audits with other alliance partners and sub-contractor/supplier audits.
- Develop and implement an Inspection and Test Plan process including monitoring and reporting of status of inspections and identification of trends arising from inspections and tests.
- Assist in the development, review and maintenance of Project Quality Plans and other supporting project documentation.
- Assist projects using problem solving techniques to resolve quality issues and be an integral part of the project team.
- Provide awareness training, briefing and information to the Project Teams on quality matters to ensure awareness of relevant legislation and standards.
- Investigate quality issues predominantly non-conformances but accidents, incidents, occupational ill-health and high potential close calls where a quality implication is identified. Ensure applicable regulatory reporting is completed and records maintained.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of quality performance within your area of responsibility, as well as actions to address any negative performance and / or emerging trends.
- Support the implementation of the TRUe HSQES strategic goals and initiatives as directed by the TRUe Quality Manager. As well as any applicable client led initiatives.
What Knowledge and Experience do I need?
- IRCA Internal Auditor as a minimum, Lead Auditor preferred
- Track Safety / Passport competence relevant to role (PTS / ICI)
- Engineering qualification desirable
- Minimum Affiliate Member of: Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)
- Several years of relevant industry and professional experience
- Good understand of Quality processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & collaboration skills.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Please be aware that interviews for this role will not be taking place until January 2019
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 92294
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time