Siemens is looking for an Electrical Project Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in MIlan. He/she will be responsible to ensure the technical integrity, compliance with the project scope, project specifications and state of the art engineering practices.
He/She will be responsible for a large project or multiple small projects related to substations, Data Center, Photovoltaic plant, Shore to ship connection, Energy storage systems, Energy Automation applications for industry and utilities in collaboration with the project manager.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
Oversee the engineering activities on a small projects, or manage portions of a project for a global business unit that can include electrical substations, PV parks and energy storage systems in order to:
- Plan and control the time schedule of the project: have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments;
- Use specific project engineering software tools to configuration design, costing, and ordering MV and LV switchgear towards factories in Italy and Europe;
- Realize technical specifications for the purchase department of BOP;
- Attend to FAT or SAT on the factory or site;
- In addition: collaborate with the Proposal team in order to optimize the tender phase engineering
And what about the medium-long term?
You could grow as Senior Project Engineer and have the engineering responsibility of the MV and LV business unit.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- Demonstrated strong knowledge about the interpretation and application of the electrotechnical languages, symbology and standards IEC;
- At least 3 years of experience in practical engineering activities in the electrotechnical field (design diagrams, read-understand-write the customer technical specifications/datasheet, software calculations)
- Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Technical High School Diploma;
- Experience in MV switchgear technology, Power Center, Motor Control Center switchgear, Power Transformers and BusBar trunking;
- Good understanding of the concept and functioning of an electrical plant;
- Available to short trip in Siemens and Third party factories in order to assist during the factory acceptance tests
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken;
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training and support;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Company’ s Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Company’s own gym and orchard;
What else do you have to know?
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV).
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities. As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Before meeting us, read stories about our values and our people on www.siemens.com/careers and see how you can live your dreams in Siemens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWAWUTfxMQM
Are you ready to create a real impact? Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions you can contact:
Human Resources, Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4 Milan
Applications sent via mail won’t be taken into account.
Job ID: 92302
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time