A high-profile role has become available within a new software team at Siemens, Manchester.
This opportunity will involve hands on development of applications delivering measurable benefits to a wide range of customers using the Siemens MindSphere platform. You will be responsible for developing high quality production applications, taking responsibility for decisions on technical challenges, directing micro service software architecture and design, defining coding standards, training less experienced developers and working with the PO and customers to support identification of new use cases.
We are looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to steer the technical direction of application development, including language and tooling choices within the MindSphere cloud environment. This role is a great opportunity to get in at the start of a new project, with plenty of opportunity for growth as the customer base grows and development hub scales.
What are my responsibilities?
- To architect cloud-based applications using microservices and RESTful APIs
- Oversee the deployment pipeline, from testing through to production
- Define (within parameters) coding styles and tooling
- Work in combination with a Scrum Master, Data Scientist, UX designer and other developers to produce compelling applications delivering insight to customers
- Mentoring junior developers and setting coding standards
- Agile development and involvement in SCRUM meetings including working with product owners and customers to identify use cases
- Research and evaluate innovative technologies in all digital areas
- Solid experience in a similar developer position
- Excellent knowledge of backend languages such as Java, Java 8, Python, Node.js (or others)
- Familiarity with frontend development and popular libraries (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- Previous experience of cloud-based development in AWS, Azure or Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of Git working practices
- Practical knowledge of design principles, REST, Microservices, TDD, Secure programming
- Automated testing
- Code lifecycle (0 downtime updates, in life support, defect triage)
- Ability to understand and define coding standards to produce clean, shareable code
- Experience of mentoring junior developers
- Code review experience
- Agile development, SCRUM, devOps
- Customer interaction/supporting product owner in business requirement generation
What is MindSphere?
Siemens plc is a leading technology company which prides itself on delivering innovative solutions to our customers. Digitalisation is one of our key strategic drivers and critical to the future of Siemens and our industry. Our mission is to provide robust, next-generation Digital solutions that support innovative technologies and new business models across our Divisional Portfolio. We can create significant opportunities where IT and operational technology (OT) converge to create value for our many customers.
MindSphere, the cloud-based open IoT operating system is at the heart of Siemens Digital Enterprise strategy. MindSphere allows customers to analyse their production assets and products in operation, and feedback insights across the entire value chain to enable continuous optimisation. MindSphere delivers a wide range of device and enterprise system connectivity protocols, industry applications, advanced analytics and a development environment that utilises both Siemens’ open Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities and features of the AWS infrastructure and cloud services. MindSphere open PaaS capabilities enable a rich partner ecosystem to develop and deliver industry applications.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is
shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest
talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your
online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the
application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability
for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 92305
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either