Riyadh Metro Project, Transit System part of the BACS Consortium
Overall responsibility / Mission
The Communications Senior Installation & Testing is accountable for :
- Providing Technical resolution for any known site issues during or prior to installation commencing.
- Liaison on and off site with the Sub contractor and suppliers to evaluate any technical proposals they may be put forward
- Highlighting any slippages and non performance of sub contractors and suppliers leaving to delay in completion.
The Communications Senior Installation & Testing engineer will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide good written, clear, concise reports along with the ability to present findings to Management including proposal solutions and way to improve the progress and problems experienced.
Measurement of success
- Clear Concise Daily reports
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Non conformance reports
- Installation running to schedule or ahead of schedule
- Successful handover of product.
Objectives / main activities
- Coordinate the Communications installation works with the Installation Manager & eventually Testing Manager and his representative and subsequently the Sub Contractor/Suppliers.
- Liaison on a daily basis with the Installation Sub Contractor and on occasions the client as directed by the Project Management
- Reporting as required
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or installation defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing Snag items through to completion including quality control
- Co- ordination of site materials and logistics with the Installation Contractor.
- Undertake site surveys and inspections when required
- Participate in ITP witnessing as and when directed to ensure acceptance (including carrying out of pre inspections)
- Dealing with any site specific queries - escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all method statements and drawings used on site are the latest and up to date
- Manage the access to the site with the Overall Site Management
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Installation Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met
- Assist, where appropriate or directed by the Install Manager with Commissioning activities
- Prepare , in conjunction with the Sub Contractor the As-Built mark-ups as feedback to the CAD-Designers after handover
Reporting line / functional manager
Function reports to:
Communications Installation Manager Initially & Evenually T&C Manager
Warehouse Manager, Communications team both onshore and off shore, EHS Manager, Overall COM Project Manager
As directed by the Project Manager
Knowledge / Qualification
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering
- Eight Years + work experience on Communication or Electrical Installation Project or similar
- Experienced in dealing with installation of communication equipment
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
Job ID: 92328
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time