Title: Communication Engineer
Division: RMP Communications
Business Unit: RMP
Schedule type: Permanent
A communications Engineer to deliver communication based engineering works for the Riyadh Metro project, ability to receive instruction from senior engineers and project management to fulfil tasks effectively and efficiently The level of experience required for this role requires previous communications project experience from final design stage to implementation. Relevant experience required elated to communications equipment scope including difficult environmental conditions related to IP equipment specifications. This role will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will require business Trips as and when required to various locations within Europe, UAE including sub-suppliers premises as required. The position will report directly into the Project Manager/Lead engineer.
What are my responsibilities?
- Interact and work together with the Team members on a detailed basis to update and ensure the design or installation plans on a Station by Station basis are updated and become to a finalised level and reflected in the designs. Each Design work package will be defined in terms of budget, timescales and scope. This position will require the individual to evaluate situations to propose the optimum way forward to ensure progress is achieved.
- Review cable containment design and make sure all the elements are fulfilled as per project requirements and standards.
- Good knowledge of reading civil drawings (plan, section, elevation etc.,), MEP drawings etc and implement to COM design.
- Minimum 5 years experience in communication projects.
- Travel to specific locations throughout the Riyadh Metro Project to inspect works being or been performed to provide an accurate and detailed assessment of the design.
- Ensure that all work instructed to themselves is conducted to the required standards and quality.
- No delegation of tasks foreseen.
- Works in a coordinated manor with other design engineers to ensure that a daily *lessons learned- and *experience transfer- takes place ensuring that known or seen errors either accidentally or purposely are communicated to all involved to ensure familiarisation and awareness is effectively shared amongst all involved - ensuring such aspects are eliminated quickly
- Maintain and develop own professionalism and contribute through ideas and pragmatism enabling development through learning by doing.
- Acting upon instructions given by team members and management to conclude the actions in a timely and effective manner.
- Deliver in a timely manor ensuring deadlines set are met and completed in full.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Fluency in English Language, written and spoken
- Proven Project experience within the field communications equipment.
- Team player and able to act from instructions.
- Ability to understand the tasks given to suppliers to enable effective assessment of the job.
- Ability to break complex tasks into a simple and basic understanding to provide feedback to others which is clearly understood.
- Ability to Integrate in a Multi Cultural, Multi National Environment & Team
- Previous experience in the field of communications installation
- Ability of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- IT literate - Microsoft Office.
- Full Driving licence.
- Takes Pride in the job they do
- Goes the extra miles as and when needed to ensure the project is not put at risk.
- Ability to think about problems and issues - rather than freeze and not progress. -
Job ID: 92329
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time