COMMUNICATIONS PRINCIPAL TEST & COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
Riyadh Metro Project, Transit System part of the BACS Consortium
Overall responsibility / Mission
The Communications Principal Test & Commissioning Engineer is accountable for :
- Providing Technical resolution for any known site issues during the test and commissioning stages and provide support in the installation stages as and when required.
- Liaison on and off site with the Sub contractor and suppliers to evaluate any technical proposals they may put forward
- Highlighting any slippages and non performance of sub contractors and suppliers leading to delay in completion.
The Communications Principal Test & Commissioning Engineer will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide good written, clear, concise reports along with the ability to present findings to Management including proposal solutions and find ways to improve the progress and problems experienced.
The Communications Principal Test & Commissioning Engineer will be available for any out of hours project deliverables and also to deputize for the Communications Test & Commissioning Manager as and when required.
Measurement of success
- Clear Concise Daily reports
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Non conformance reports
- T & C running to schedule or ahead of schedule
- Successful handover of all assets in the communications arena that are in the departments remit/responsibility.
Objectives / main activities
- Coordinate the Communications T&C works with team members & eventually the Testing Manager and or his representative and subsequently the Sub Contractor/Suppliers.
- Liaison on a daily basis with the Testing Sub Contractors/partners and on occasions the client as directed by the Project Management
- Writing, reviewing and Submitting testing documentation.
- Reporting as required
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method statements and safe systems of works.
- Writing, reviewing and submitting of the permit to work processes
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or installation defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List assisting the installation team.
- Liaising with the installation manager for Snagging items through to completion including quality control
- Undertake site surveys and inspections when required
- Participate in ITP witnessing as and when directed to ensure acceptance (including carrying out of pre inspections)
- Dealing with any site specific queries - escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all method statements and drawings used on site are the latest and up to date
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Testing Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met
- Assist, where appropriate or directed by the Install & Testing Manager with Commissioning activities
Reporting line / functional manager
Function reports to:
Communications Test & Commissioning Manager
Test Manager, Install Manager, Communications team both onshore and off shore, EHS Manager, Overall COM Project Manager
Test and Commissioning
As directed by the Project Manager
Knowledge / Qualification
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering
- Eight Years + work experience on Communications testing with Electrical Installation Project knowledge
- Experienced in dealing with the testing of communications equipment but not limited to the below:-
- CTN - cable TX Network
- MC - Master Clock
- ACID - Access Control & Intrusion Detection.
- Knowledge and experience of reading and understanding designs, installation principles.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
Job ID: 92397
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time