Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? As Siemens Healthineers values those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
In Basel, computer scientists, IT-experts and medical specialist work together to dissolve the current silos in patient diagnostics through AI-driven data extraction and novel data integration and representation methods. Siemens Healthineers and the University Hospital Basel (USB) have developed a shared R & D infrastructure to enhance this endeavor aiming to achieve tangible patient impact through digital integration. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sounds interesting?
Then come in and join our team as Clinical Software Engineer in Basel to be part of this exciting translational project. The project is based on a contract for 3 years.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- You will work in a strategic development project in close cooperation with the business lines of Siemens Healthineers, research groups of our technology center onsite at our clinical collaboration site.
- You will be responsible to coordinate the close exchange between the above groups.
- You work on projects concerning research and development on the subject of information integration and data/workflow modeling. The focus is the integration of data from various hospital information systems and the modeling of clinical workflow.
- You will take over the responsibility for planning, conception and implementation of new data-based solutions and their interfaces at the collaboration site.
- Your responsibility will be local development and validation of technical concepts for future product integration, documentation of site setup and continuous collection of feedback for prototypes.
- You will support the development and deployment of artificial intelligence methods.
Your qualifications and experiences:
- engineering, information systems or an equivalent discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of the theoretical and practical background in integration and interoperability within the clinical environment (e.g. standards like HL7, FHIR, DICOM, IHE).
- You have suitable professional experience in the field of SW engineering, data management, data analysis and visualization, preferably within the Healthcare industry.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Your personality and skills:
- You have well founded project management experience.
- You have good problem solving and communication skills.
- You have a high customer orientation, as well as target orientation and analytical abilities.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Check our Career Site at www.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references and certificates as well as an indication of your availability. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us: Thomas Wildi, phone +41 79 312 66 32.
To recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 92471
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time