Portfolio Sales Professional
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for one Portfolio Sales Professionalto join our Siemens Mobility Products and Operations team to work on Rail Systems Projects. Based in our Port Melbourne offices in Melbourne, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential. This role will oversee Victoria and Tasmania areas.
The Portfolio Sales Professional plans and executes sales targets and activities in selling a specific portfolio to customers by combining and leveraging specialised product and unit know how in order to increase sales and to achieve defined commercial targets. The role involves high levels of customer engagement and significant travel may be required.
· Responsible for achieving sales and profitability targets within a nominated territory
· Develop and implement regional business plans that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
· Business development within existing customer base and identification & engagement and nurturing of new contacts within existing customers
· Business development throughout the entire end to end customer supply chain
· Responsible for nominated customers and all interactions to of ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
· Uses well-honed business development skills to identify new business opportunities and drives through to completion
· Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning
· Analyses and evaluates markets (both technology and product portfolio) and needs of potential or existing customers.
· Investigates and evaluates specific business opportunities for the customer related product and service portfolio
· Engages in customer contacts, builds and maintains a customer focused network
· Prepares and negotiates projects and proposals in cooperation with other involved professionals and management.
· Act as point of contact in commercial matters
· Develops and maintains comprehensive Customer Plans
· Contributes to the development of an After Sales Service that is focused on customers' needs including repairs.
· Maintaining competitor and market knowledge; keeping an eye out for gaps in the market and opportunities for growth
· Create a robust sales lead pipeline
· Travel 50% across Victoria and Tasmania
· Ability to proactively develop new business within an existing customer base
· Ability to take initiative
· Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills to expand customer contacts within nominated key customers.
· Networking skills.
· Achieves success through collaboration and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team.
· Sales business development and marketing knowledge.
· Business Acumen
· Exceptional candidate relationship management
We look for a hunting-spirit individual who demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialisation to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialisation. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organisations business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 92517
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time