Junior Test Assurance Engineer
Our Siemens Rochester site is looking for a math’s biased,
electrical/electronic qualified engineer to join as our new Junior Technical
Assurance Engineer for our metering segment.
With a growing requirement for green energy and a changing energy infrastructure, the Governments' introduction of new energy markets has seen the need for accurate metering of energy to be in place. At Siemens Networks, we are ensuring the compliance of these metering systems by providing a technical assurance auditing service.
What part will I play?
- You will carry out full end to end desk based technical assurance audits on the metering systems of entrants to energy sector contracts.
- Make decisions based on governing documents and market rules to pass, fail and make observations within an audit.
- You will Analyse single line diagrams and electrical schematics ensuring that market rules & requirements are met.
- Analyse of metering equipment test certificates & commissioning.
- Carrying out metering system error & compensation calculations.
- Verify and determine metered volumes by analysis of aggregation rules.
- Carry out full site based technical audits.
We don't need superheroes, just super minds.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Strong math’s mindset- trigonometry, algebra as
you will work out power, energy & error calculations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full driving licence
- Fantastic written and oral communication skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; excel, word etc.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds making the
future and you could be one of them. Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy.
Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge
through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the
economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of
electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries
in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the
best and brightest talent to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at
Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us
make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online
application. Please ensure you finish all of the areas of the application form,
to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous
base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the
same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your
benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up
to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts
and a flexible package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 92600
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either