Supply Chain Advanced Apprenticeship
At Siemens Healthineers, we enable healthcare providers to increase value by expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare.
Data is at the heart of what we do. We now consolidate the unprecedented volume of data and insights derived from our installed base of over 600,000 running systems worldwide and turn them into leading-edge enterprise and digital health services. This uniquely positions us to move the business of healthcare forward by helping our customers realize new opportunities.
The Supply Chain Apprentice will learn and perform a range of functions in planning and purchasing of materials to support the manufacturing site. The role will primarily provide exposure through rotation and assignments in: Operational and Strategic Purchasing, Production Planning, Forecasting and Logistics; whilst also offering interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Finance Functions. The role will also provide exposure and on the job training in SAP as the site’s ERP system. You will also gain a Level 4 in Commercial Procurement and Supply.
- Executes buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data, including lead-times, lot sizes etc.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- Working closely with Commodity Managers, assists in the development of sourcing strategies and to support existing and new product requirements;
- An interest in business and the supply chain and purchasing functions
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Competent in Microsoft Package
- Confident Communicator
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Highly Organised
- Leadership Skills
- Customer focused mind-set
Job ID: 92609
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time