HVDC Operations & Maintenance Engineer - FOLKESTONE
To ensure that the HVDC converter stations are kept in good operational condition such that, to the extent that can be achieved through a maintenance programme, they will continue to meet performance requirements. Provide control room services including monitoring and operation of an HVDC interconnector.
· Ensure compliance with Work Specifications, Local Management Instructions, statutory Requirements and Health & Safety Issues.
· Conduct safety monitoring of both Siemens and contractors staff.
· Plan, develop and implement maintenance routines for all plant and equipment within scope of the contract.
· Assist in the development of existing and new processes to enhance the quality of service provided to the customer.
· Ensure a safe working environment is provided at all times, and obtain or develop any necessary documentation such as, risk assessments and method statements.
· Plan day to day work, anticipate problems and accomplish tasks to standards of quality and time.
· Act as Interconnector Operator.
· Work on a shift pattern that will be 4 days on, 4 days off.
· Take part in a 24/7 365day per year standby rota and provide flexible support whenever possible to support others who are on call.
· Act as SAP under appropriate safety rules (if required)
· Investigate and rectify faults and prepare, where necessary, reports to comply with QA and customers requirements.
· Interpret test and inspection reports and initiate appropriate action.
· Ensure that all maintenance documentation is completed and uploaded on Maintenance Management System as specified in O&M procedures.
· Ensure all work is carried out to a satisfactory quality and technical standard.
· Complete weekly time sheet for monitoring workload.
· Carry out other duties within competence as directed by the appropriate supervisor
· Undertake training in order to develop as necessary.
· Provide a technical, engineering and advisory service to other staff in areas where have particular expertise or experience.
· Commitment to Siemens Customer First initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
· Formal qualification to HNC level desirable but not essential
· Authorisation under HV safety rules desirable but not essential
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a maintenance environment on industrial sites / electrical substations.
· IT Literacy (MS Office including MS Project etc)
· Good communication & interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful organisational skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful team working abilities.
· Demonstrate evidence of understanding of H & S legislation and Risk Management Process.
Job ID: 92646
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time