Research Group Head for Corporate Technology China, Beijing/Shanghai
We are seeking a dynamic leader to start and ramp-up our expert team for software engineering in China. The team provides research and pre-development, prototyping, technology evaluation and assessments as well as technology consulting to all of Siemens’ businesses. The team is located in 2 cities, Beijing and Shanghai.
Technical focus of this team is on various aspects of software engineering, including architecture, agile development and software quality. We also cover selected innovative technologies like Blockchain.
The RG Head must continuously develop the group’s capabilities and adjust the portfolio offerings with respect to the needs. As collaboration with academic partners is a key success factor to acquire new technologies, pursue public funding and attract new talents into the organization, we expect the person to develop and maintain focused relationships to the right partners.
While alignment with internal stakeholders, like global Technology Field leader and local management as well as peer research groups is important, we also expect substantial outside-of-the box thinking to secure Siemens’ innovativeness in the relevant technology areas.
We expect you to show leadership while simultaneously being a supportive teammate with a hands-on approach. You drive the team with your entrepreneurial attitude based on your ambitious, strategic, analytical, creative, reliable, open-minded, and passionate manner. You will be part of a growing team and must have an adaptive mindset, ready and willing to take on new and bigger challenges daily.
What will be my responsibilities?
· Disciplinary and technical leadership/coaching of Research Group staff, full time employees; driving Performance Management Process e.g. target setting, evaluation and competency development for Project Managers and project staff.
· Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including growth areas and business plans in alignment with Siemens Company Core Technologies (CCTs)
· Assignment of staff and required competencies to projects (capacity planning) aligned with TF Head.
· Contribute to the Technology Field´s strategy and roadmap; align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
· Coordination of the Research Group projects and Project Managers. Ensuring knowledge transfer across projects.
· Management of projects as Project Manager.
· Build Siemens-internal network to acquire projects that convert research results into business impact; maintain relationships to the business units within Siemens, including the new IOT Service unit.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio and jointly pursue public funding opportunities.
· Closely interact with Principals, R&D heads and Technology Field heads.
· Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities.
· Collaborate with the other CT Research Groups to build larger products and integrate into comprehensive solutions
· Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
· Collaborate with experts and peers to secure government grants in relevant domains.
What do I need to qualify for this position?
· 5+ years of experience as researcher and engineer in the areas of software architecture with a proven track record in academia and/or industry
· 2+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D environment required
· Up-to-date expertise in software engineering and development processes, particularly agile development and DevOps
· Proven expertise and experience in Software Architecture
· Up-to-date technical knowledge in current software technologies, eg. Cloud platforms
· Established networks within academia/research institutions.
· Highly motivated and driven business leader with a can-do attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and English language communication skills
· Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer service orientation
· Willingness to travel 30% (domestic/international)
Job ID: 92759
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time