Research Group Head CT RDA SSI FST-RO
Technical focus of this team is on Digital Federation Architecture and Industry-grade DevOps.
While alignment with internal stakeholders, like global Technology Field leader and local management as well as peer research groups is important, we also expect substantial outside-of-the box thinking to secure Siemens’ innovativeness in the relevant technology areas.
We expect you to show leadership while simultaneously being a supportive teammate with a hands-on approach. You drive the team with your entrepreneurial attitude based on your ambitious, strategic, analytical, creative, reliable, open-minded, and passionate manner. You will be part of a growing team and must have an adaptive mindset, ready and willing to take on new and bigger challenges daily.
• Ramp-up of the team to 5 in 2019, growing to 25 in 2022
• Disciplinary and technical leadership/coaching of Research Group staff; driving Performance Management Process e.g. target setting, evaluation and competency development for Project Managers and project staff.
• Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including growth areas and business plans in alignment with Siemens Company Core Technologies (CCTs)
• Assignment of staff and required competencies to projects (capacity planning) aligned with TF Head.
• Contribute to the Technology Field´s strategy and roadmap; align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
• Coordination of the Research Group projects and Project Managers. Ensuring knowledge transfer across projects.
• Management of projects as Project Manager.
• Build Siemens-internal network to acquire projects that convert research results into business impact; maintain relationships to the business units within Siemens, including the new IOT Service unit.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio and jointly pursue public funding opportunities.
• Closely interact with Principals, R&D heads and Technology Field heads.
• Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities.
• Collaborate with the other CT Research Groups to build larger products and integrate into comprehensive solutions
• Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
• Collaborate with experts and peers to secure government grants in relevant domains.
• 2+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D environment required
• Up-to-date expertise in software engineering and development processes, particularly agile development and DevOps
• Proven expertise and experience in Software Architecture
• Up-to-date technical knowledge in AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
• Good understanding of Siemens-internal platforms, e.g. Mindsphere
• Established networks within academia/research institutions.
• Highly motivated and driven business leader with a can-do attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and English and German language communication skills
• Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer service orientation
• Willingness to travel 30% (domestic/international)
Job ID: 92791
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time