Cable Design Software Architect
Siemens is looking for a Cable Design Software Solution Architect to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
The Cable Design Consultant will be a member of the Global Siemens ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions’ (IES) Professional Services team. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions.
The consultant will work alongside customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, ensuring a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio. You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools across Italy. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- Engage with customers to deploy the IES (previous Mentor Graphics Capital tools) for electrical system design and manufacturing
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes
- Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
- Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements
- Customise to meet customer requirements using the product API
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales opportunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
- Providing technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
- Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing
- Travel will be involved mainly within Italy and Europe, occasionally overseas.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery. Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Strong background and experience of wire harness design tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
· Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Team and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organisations whilst maintaining a company-internal network of contacts
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken;
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Italy. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in Italy.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with PLM tools - ideally Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience with CAD tools – ideally NX, CATIA, CREO etc.
- knowledge of ‘Capital API’
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 92902
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time