Siemens is looking for a Proposal Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will be responsible for the technical-commercial preparation and submission of proposals for Substation Automation Products and System in the energy management field.
The Proposal Engineer within a proposal team will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading proposal templates, format, standard content, and related pricing tools to support product and service enhancements over time.
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Business Development team and Sales organization to develop proposals that support and complement their transaction strategies. He/she will collaborate closely with the project execution (P.M.-P.E.) team to assure that proposal content can be fully supported.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
- Prepare the proposal, including any documentation such as technical data sheets, bids forms, commercial forms, legal forms etc.
- Coordinate with sales team in order to decide the best commercial strategy related to proposal offer;
- Participate in negotiations and bid modifications if requested;
- Register bid results in Offers & Orders database and compile statistics on bid performance, hit rate and market penetration. Prepare reports on proposals as required.
- Receive orders from customers and prepare order entry information to transfer to project management and contract administration team. Participate in internal and/or external kickoff meetings as required to facilitate the smooth transfer of orders.
- Assure the commercial policies of Siemens, including cost/price determination, profit requirements, understanding cash flow, understanding contractual terms and conditions, as they relate to Siemens’ policy, as well as LoA and Compliance requirements;
- Develop new business opportunities with assigned target customers and specific vertical market
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will have the possibility of becoming the responsible of the proposal team related to System business
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- Passionate and prepared to manage issues related to technological innovation in Industry 4.0 and Digitalization topics
- At least 3 years’ experience in technical department as Proposal or Project Engineer especially in substation automation applications: Control and Command, Protection and Safety devices;
- Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Automation or Technical High School Diploma;
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken;
- Customer Focus: Ability to anticipate and understand customers’ needs, be responsive and keep commitments;
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner This is a position requiring attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many orders and tasks in parallel;
- Strong relationship building skills with customers, sales force and extensive knowledge of the energy market
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Company’ s Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
Before meeting us, read stories about our values and our people on www.siemens.com/careers and see how you can live your dreams in Siemens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWAWUTfxMQM
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions you can contact:
Human Resources - Talent Acquisition
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4, 20128 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 92921
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time