Reverse Engineering + Repair engineer
Department: Power Generation Services
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Manufacturing
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Preparation of 3D model & detail drawings for manufacturing using suitable tolerance fits & limits.
- Familiarity with steam turbine basic design & its components.
- Preparation of Repair work instructions for industrial steam turbine and compressor rotor.
- Hands on Inspection experience of old/ used Steam turbine customer parts also ensure quality of Machining parts, fabricated components, castings, forgings, raw material, bought-outs including in-coming, in-process and final check (both inside the Shop and at the vendors' site) IN ORDER TO support the on-time delivery of the turbine & compressor parts as per the specified quality.
- Detailed knowledge of reverse engineering process for Industrial and Utility steam turbine including turbine Rotor, Blades, casing & other critical stationery and rotary parts.
- Hands on experience on Polyworks, Design X & 3D modeling software ( Nastran/Pro-E)
- Fundamental experience of selection of suitable material to prepare engineering bill of material.
- Knowledge of DIN, ISO & ASME Standards as per job requirements.
- Prefer Knowledge of FEA analysis software for structural analysis.
- Fundamental experience of NDT (DPT, MPI and UT) and metallurgy of steam turbine parts.
- Knowledge of localization of steam turbine parts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You received a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You are a process-oriented person and have fair amount of understanding of QMS.
- Minimum 6-7 years hands on work experience for 3 D scanning device (Faro-Arm & Laser tracker) for inspection and scanning of steam turbine parts at customer site.
- You have already gained 6-7 years of work experience in reverse engineering for critical oil and gas projects in areas related to Steam turbine & compressor applications and you understand the relevant process cycles very well.
- You have no restrictions to travel and are prepared to be at site for long time based on project needs.
- You can handle high pressure situations.
- You have expertise working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), and SAP to facilitate project execution.
- You are a business fluent in English. Intercultural experience shall add more value to your candidature.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 93121
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time