Civil Engineering Project Manager
Civil/Building Project Manager
Responsible for the delivery of the Civil & Building Works to cost, time & Quality and supporting the wider project team in the delivery of the project objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Executing the project / work package within the defined requirements (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
· Compliance with Business Management System
· Works within Limits of Authority
· Set in place work packages for the assigned Design Engineers on all equipment design
· Liaison with the Technical Lead Engineer
· Liaison with the assigned Procurement Officer on all subcontractor & supplier packages
· Responsible for the management of subcontractors / suppliers packages through delivery up to handover in accordance with the project programme.
· Completing supplier / subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement & Quality Depts.
· Ensuring all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager / Project Director as soon as possible.
· Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages
for internal and external reporting.
· Liaison with site personnel on the allocated work package.
· Ensuring business success and satisfaction of the customer.
· Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
· Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
· Define, draft and manage the subcontract documentation in coordination with other functions and project stakeholders, including, scope, specification, drawings, programme, resources, design deliverables, interfaces, constraints, document management, reporting, H&S, quality requirements, ‘as builts’ etc.
· Undertake and manage subcontract offer evaluations and recommendations for award
· Identify risks and opportunities and input to the project risk register
· Implemented risk mitigation measures as agreed with the project team
· Identify Civil WBS and review options for additional work packages based on design maturity, scope definition, programme and risk mitigation.
· Chair technical and progress meetings with subcontractors and internal stakeholders
· Attend client meetings
· Manage TQ’s with tenderers and subcontractors and the client and ensure responses are provided within the contractual period of reply
· Liaise with the civil design manager/coordinators to ensure the flow of design documentation is consistent with the programme and in line with the design review process within the Engineering function/client requirements
· Ensure that relevant work documentation (RAMS, CHSP, EMP, TMP, QMP, ERP, temporary works register, ITP’s) are in place and approved prior to works commencing
· Weekly internal reporting about works status, programme, variations, constraints, next steps, civil risks and opportunities.
· Monitor the budget on monthly basis and ensure that actual costs received from subcontractors will not affect the budget / risk contingencies allocated.
· Monitor the scope and record any changes in a change log form highlighting the impact to programme and budget. The changes need to be discussed with SPM before to be agreed at site levels therefore is vital to be communicated and recorded in a timely manner. Submit the change log every month to SPM.
· Support Site Manager in developing site team communication and report the performance of direct subordinates to SPM on a monthly basis. Escalate any critical resource issues to Senior Project Manager
· Communicate all design issues to civil contractor’s designer / internal designer highlighting the timescale required and impact to delivery works
· Review and approve the subccontractors valuation or payment based on physical works in conjunction with the QS’s and in accordance with the contractual payment terms.
· In conjuction with the site team and QMiP ensure that quality of the works is in line with approved design. Ensure that all nonconformities issues will be recorded at site level on specific NCR forms and include these in the NCR database. Liaise with Quality Manager in Projects and SPM to report deviation from quality standards and measures
that are in place to address these issues.
· Support the site manager and Site Safety advisor in the development of H&S culture at site level and in organising audits of subcontractors
· Undertake safety observation tours on site and document findings; report hazards and near misses immediately to site manager.
· Organise lessons learned meetings at site level and capture lessons learned in a specific report.
· Attend in HAZID (Hazard in Design), HACON (Hazard in Construction) and HAZOP (Hazard in Operation) meetings and provide technical inputs to designers to avoid any operational / maintenance hazard with regards to civil design.
· Administer the commercial aspects of the civil subcontracts in conjunction with the Commercial Project Manager/QS, in particular the management of change.
· Ensure customer contractual requirements are met.
· Monitor the civil budgets and input to the forecast to complete
· Manage the civil programme and monitor progress against the baseline in conjunction
with the project planner. Challenge Subcontractors on progress, logic and slippage and
ensure recovery programmes are implemented where required.
· Identify risks of slippages and programme mitigation measures to avoid impact on critical path.
· Participate to project review meetings and programme review meetings and provide inputs with regards programme status
· Proactively manage input to the health and safety and quality objectives of the project.
· Lead the negotiation of contracts with the supply chain to ensure the best value to business is achieved.
· Include headquarters civil management strategy i.e. HQ initiatives, mandates, strategy, processes etc.
· Ensure civil design and construction solutions address issues of environmental concern, and sustainability, preserving natural resource, avoiding waste and optimizing the use of recycled materials.
· Provide technical support and civil inputs to M&E Senior Project Engineer for CDM layouts and site establishment requirements.
· Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example
· Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
Qualifications & Competence Requirements
· Good Communicator and Pro-active demeanor
· Experience of working as part of a Project Delivery Team
· One of the following:
o BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Project
Management, NVQ5 (QCF Level 7) in Construction Project Manager/Construction
Senior Management, alternatively relevant experience with HNC/HND in a
Building/Civil Engineering/Construction discipline.
· Several years' experience in at least one project-related discipline (Civil Engineering, Building
· Strong understanding of construction methodology, construction quality issues and ability to
identify during the construction phase.
· Assertive and strong personality
· Strong knowledge of construction and technology
· Strong Commercial / Contractual awareness
· Good understanding of CDM Regulations 2015
· Good understanding of Health & Safety Legislation
· Good Environmental Awareness
· Knowledge of Risk & Opportunity Management
· NEBOSH Certificate in Construction
· Professional Membership of one or more of the following:
o MCIOB/ICIOB with the Chartered Institute of Building
o CEng/IEng/Eng Tech with the Institute of Civil Engineers
o MRICS/AssocRICS- Construction Pathways
· Commercial awareness training
· ProjectManagement certification e.g. PRinCE2, APMP etc.
Job ID: 93325
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time