Civil Engineering Project Manager
What part will you play?
- Manage the project / work package
- Complete supplier / subcontractor performance assessments in cooperation with Procurement & Quality Depts.
- Ensure all potential risks, variations and opportunities are identified and reported to the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager / Project Director as soon as possible.
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned work packages
- Define, draft and manage the subcontract documentation in coordination with other functions and project stakeholders
- Undertake and manage subcontract offer evaluations and recommendations for award
- Liaise with the civil design manager/coordinators to ensure the flow of design documentation is consistent with the programme and in line with the design review process within the Engineering function/client requirements
- Ensure that relevant work documentation (RAMS, CHSP, EMP, TMP, QMP, ERP, temporary works register, ITP’s) are in place and approved prior to works commencing
- Weekly internal reporting about works status, programme, variations, constraints, next steps, civil risks and opportunities
- Monitor the budget on monthly basis and ensure that actual costs received from subcontractors will not affect the budget / risk contingencies allocated.
- Support Site Manager in developing site team communication
- Communicate all design issues to civil contractor’s designer / internal designer highlighting the timescale required and impact to delivery works
- Review and approve the sub-contractor’s valuation or payment based on physical works in conjunction with the QS’s and in accordance with the contractual payment terms.
- Support the site manager and site safety advisor in the development of H&S culture at site level and in organising audits of subcontractors
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You will be a fantastic communicator and have experience of working as part of a project delivery team
- BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Project Management, NVQ5 (QCF Level 7) in Construction Project Manager/Construction Senior Management, alternatively relevant experience with HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering/Construction discipline
- Experience in at least one project-related discipline (Civil Engineering, Building Construction, etc.)
- Strong understanding of construction methodology, construction quality issues and ability to identify during the construction phase
Advantageous but not essential
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction
- Professional Membership: MCIOB/ICIOB with the Chartered Institute of Building, CEng/IEng/Eng Tech with the Institute of Civil Engineers, MRICS/AssocRICS- Construction Pathways
- Project Management certification e.g. PRinCE2, APMP etc.
Make your mark on the exciting world of Siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great
minds making the future and you could be one of them. Our daily lives depend on
a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is
committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products,
systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent
transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly
innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the
future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent to support
us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join
us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of
helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your
online application. Please ensure you finish all of the areas of the
application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your
suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but also an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 93325
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time