Systems Research Scientist (m/f/diverse) – operation and design of future energy transmission systems
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Siemens analyzes how countries worldwide can master the transition to sustainable energy systems. We model the various energy forms, such as heat or electricity, to understand how future energy conversion technologies can be optimally sized and positioned and we analyze the demand for energy transport between different geographical regions. As a leading provider of power transmission solutions, control center software and grid planning services we have a strong interest in how power can be most efficiently and reliably transmitted through electrical grids. In Siemens’ research center we collaborate on these topics with the business units of Siemens and with leading academic institutions and equipment manufacturers.
What part will you play?
- You will develop optimization functions for the efficient and reliable operation of transmission systems with a large number of active elements and flexibility providers by real-time decision support systems and autopilot functions.
- Furthermore, you will develop methods for modelling large scale energy systems and their energy transmission infrastructures together with the interface of these models to detailed power grid simulations.
- You will solve relevant research problems arising from the transition to renewable energy systems. You will test your solutions in control center environments (e.g. Spectrum Power) and make them available via a high quality software development kit.
- Besides, you will protect these results via patents and publish them in relevant journals
- You have an excellent PhD in electrical engineering, automatization and control engineering, cybernetics, physics, applied mathematics or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on professional experiences.
- Furthermore, you have a deep understanding of mathematical optimization and mathematical modelling.
- You have applied your knowledge of power grids and energy systems professionally and want to bring your solutions to the real world.
- in addition, you are fluent in a programming language and you have used software development tools (e.g., Visual Studio, Git) • You love continuous learning and you are unafraid of bringing new ideas forward.
- You communicate fluently in English (spoken and written). Additional languages are a plus but not required
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Cornelia Rothe.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 93332
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time