Simcenter Amesim 1D Application Engineer
An international leader in the high-tech sector, Siemens PLM is active in the fields of electrification, automation and digitization and is one of the world's leading suppliers of energy-efficient technologies.
Simcenter Amesim is a 1D system simulation platform for modeling, analyzing and predicting intelligent multi-domain systems. Each component of a model uses an analytical representation of its physical behavior (hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical,…) and can be combined together with other components to simulate complex mechatronic engineering systems.
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our Simcenter Customer Support organization, to provide expert technical advice in all aspects of Systems simulation to our clients using Simcenter Amesim and our other System Simulation tools.
As an Application Engineer you will be in charge of supporting our customers across multiple industry sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive, and Energy in using Simcenter Amesim to model their complex systems. You will be directly responsible for helping our customers across EMEA realize the benefits of using our solutions providing a personalized, dedicated service to them ensuring their continued success in using our simulation products.
- Support our customers in the use of Simcenter 1D system simulation solutions within an international and multi-cultural environment
- Execution of regular customer visits
- Perform customer training and create/update training materials
- Creation of technical knowledge articles
- Execution of short term projects for our clients
- And the most important - Continually ensuring our customer’s success!
- The Simcenter Customer Support team puts customers at the center of our work. As such we are looking for talented engineers who are comfortable in a customer facing role & excited by the prospect of engaging with companies across a wide variety of industries.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautic or Control Engineering Degree.
- Phd students or graduates are welcome to apply.
- At least 1 year experience in similar position and/or in the field of 1D system simulation
- Understanding of physics and controls of Auto / Aero / Mechanical industries systems
- Knowledge of Simcenter Amesim strongly preferred though candidates with knowledge of equivalent software may be considered (Matlab / Simulink, GT Power, Dymola) if they meet all other requirements to a high standard.
- Programming experience with C, Modelica and/or Python is an advantage
- Electrical system knowledge is an advantage
- Good communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent team player
communication in English (written and oral).
- Other languages would be an advantage (specifically German).
- The candidate must be dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and autonomous.
- Willingness to travel on international business trips.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 93440
Organization: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time