Software Engineering Manager
- You will give positive support to the MC management team through contribution to management team and strategy meetings and quarterly risk and engineering reviews.
- You will provide the lead and direction to the Software engineering function to support engineering's contribution to the overall business result through management of departmental budgets, review of development estimates and monitoring overall performance of development projects.
- You will plan, co-ordinate and manage engineering resources (people and facilities), alongside staff development and training, and where necessary, investigate / implement resource sharing between business units.
- The role will see you support a competitive advantage in the development of software (and ideally hardware) in terms of cost, time and quality through the development and implementation of engineering strategies including outsourcing / procurement strategies, resourcing strategies and technology utilisation and re-use.
- You will ensure development processes and tools are appropriate, efficient and best of class. Engagement with Siemens engineering forums is available to ensure best practice methodology adopted within MC.
- There is plenty of opportunity to stimulate and support development involvement in CSR initiatives (e.g. STEMNET).
- You'll encourage creativity and innovation within the team. Monitoring relevant technological developments and using this information, define a technology strategy necessary to meet the business objectives.
- You will ensure quality in product development, documentation control, configuration management is at a sufficiently high level to pass the scrutiny of internal and external audits.
- You will develop and maintain engineering procedures and processes and implement any process improvements necessary to ensure the “Develop the Solution” processes on the BMS reflect business activities. Siemens has a zero harm workplace and we strive to ensure that everyone here (and using our equipment) is safe.
- Honours Degree or above in related engineering discipline.
- Member of IET (or equivalent) – preferably Chartered Engineer.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development methodologies, tools and techniques, especially Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- Deep understanding of electronic hardware design is beneficial.
- An experienced manager of a software engineering team, with experience of the implementation and maintenance of processes and procedures.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and TickIT quality management systems.
- Participation in an open and accountable environment based on team agreed objectives.
- Technical management of complex development projects.
- Expertise in costing and estimating development projects.
- Good communicator who is at ease delivering the development group vision via presentations to both the development team and the wider Mobile Communications business during monthly team briefs.
Job ID: 93472
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time