HVDV Operations & Maintenance Engineer
In January 2020, Siemens will take on the responsibility to OPERATE and MAINTAIN the newly commissioned ElecLink HVDC interconnector. We are building a team to deliver a 10 year rolling contract and now looking for suitable candidates who have experience in maintenance on industrial sites or electrical substations. In the run-up to January 2020, you will participate in a busy period of training and commissioning to ensure that we are ready to commence operations and maintenance when handover is complete. Your main responsibilities will be to provide control room operator services, and to undertake routine and emergency maintenance activities in order to achieve the highest possible availability.
· Act as HVDC Interconnector Control Room Operator and Maintenance Technician
· Implement maintenance routines for all plant and equipment within scope of the contract.
· Work on a shift pattern that will be 4 days on, 4 days off.
· Take part in a 24/7 365day per year standby rota and provide flexible support whenever possible to support others who are on call.
· Investigate and rectify faults and prepare, where necessary, reports to comply with QA and customers requirements.
· Interpret test and inspection reports and initiate appropriate action.
· Ensure that all maintenance documentation is completed and uploaded on Maintenance Management System as specified in O&M procedures.
· Carry out other duties within competence as directed by the appropriate supervisor
· Undertake training in order to develop as necessary.
· Provide a technical, engineering and advisory service to other staff in areas where have particular expertise or experience.
· Act as SAP under appropriate safety rules (if required)
· Formal qualification to HNC level desirable but not essential
· Authorisation under HV safety rules desirable but not essential
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working within a maintenance environment on industrial sites / electrical substations.
· IT Literacy (MS Office including MS Project etc)
· Good communication & interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful organisational skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful team working abilities.
· Demonstrate evidence of understanding of H & S legislation and Risk Management Process.
Job ID: 93670
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time