HVDC Operations & Maintenance Engineer - Folkestone
Siemens has been awarded a 10 year contract to operate and maintain a High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission link between the UK and France. The UK converter station near Folkestone is a critical piece of international energy infrastructure, and from late 2019, Siemens will be responsible for ensuring that the converter station is maintained and operating to the maximum possible availability.We are recruiting a number of positions to work in operation and maintenance roles on a shift rota based at the Folkestone site.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform the duties of an interconnector control room operator.
· Implement maintenance routines for all plant and equipment within scope of the contract.
· Ensure compliance with Work Specifications, Local Management Instructions, statutory Requirements and Health & Safety Issues.
· Conduct safety monitoring of both Siemens and subcontractor's staff.
· Ensure a safe working environment is provided at all times, and obtain or develop any necessary documentation such as, risk assessments and method statements.
· Plan day to day work, anticipate problems and accomplish tasks to standards of quality and time.
· Work on a shift pattern (day shift, night shift, standby).
· Take part in a 24/7, 365day per year standby rota (except when on leave) and provide flexible support whenever possible to support others who are on call.
· Investigate and rectify faults and prepare, where necessary, reports to comply with QA and customers requirements.
· Interpret test and inspection reports and initiate appropriate action.
· Assist in the development of existing and new processes to enhance the quality of service provided to the customer.
· Formal qualification to HNC level desirable but not essential
· Authorisation under HV safety rules desirable but not essential
· Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience, for example, maintenance, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, installation, construction.
· IT Literacy (MS Office)
· Good communication & interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful organisational skills.
· Demonstrate evidence of successful team working abilities.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 93670
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time