Service Engineer (Scotland)
Siemens Building Technologies are searching for a Fire and Security Service Engineer to support their Scotland Regional Sales Office.
As the Fire & Security Service Engineer you will ideally be located in Scotland. This is a field-based role covering Scotland and, occasionally, the North East of England with main activities in these areas. However, travel to other operating regions may be required from time to time.
The Service and Maintenance of IP based Security solutions will be the primary role however; Service support for Fire systems will also be required.
Change the future with us.
- To work closely with other Service Engineers on-site or remotely, to ensure staff can efficiently and effectively address Client and company needs, whilst stimulating their own development and motivation.
- Assist Line Managers to validate staff competency and H&S requirements and to ensure they are aware of what Siemens and our Customers expect from them.
- Assist Branch smallworks & projects departments with the production of quotes and completion of works; including surveys, installation & commissioning.
- Be subject to Vehicle, Equipment & Process Audits to ensure all Siemens processes are followed to ensure that Engineer’s are treating Siemens products, equipment and their personal safety in line with company policies.
- To provide and collate data to generate site specific RAMS as required.
- Carry out their own PPE / safety equipment checks prior to use and ensure they work in line with the company Health and Safety policy and processes,
- Attend regular team meetings and tool box talks with the Northern Branch Engineering team.
- Actively participate in any arranged company training in a positive manner / to actively self learn where ever possible and be able to demonstrate that knowledge or skill has been gained.
- Attend arranged courses / on site experience and training by peers / self learning tools, books, internet. To improve individual skill sets and therefore the company’s ability to provide the high level of service activity expected
- Completion to the required standard for any chargeable works orders and to deal with any identified defects in line with applicable Fire & Security system maintenance standards and to provide our Clients with a focused service and to generate revenue for the business.
- Participate in regular meetings, 1:1 meetings with Branch Manager.
- Participate in Staff Dialogue meetings with the Branch Manager and review their development plan.
- Undertake other duties, as required by the business, through changing business needs and area requirements. Normally structured via 1:1 meetings with the Branch Manager, these are to ensure that Siemens achieves and maintains a position of leading service provider.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Knowledge and experience of IP CCTV systems and Intruder Detection Systems
- Evidence of working in blue chip client sites and complying with strict vetting processes
- A good understanding of IT networks and IP configurations
- A working knowledge of Fire Detection standards in line with BS5839
- Broad understanding of Fire Detection systems both addressable and conventional, Aspirating systems, Extinguishing Systems (Fgas), Large site Networks and head end systems.
- Proven industry experience in servicing and maintaining fire alarm systems and security system is a prerequisite.
- You should be a technical Engineer with a proven record in system commissioning & fault finding.
- Strong organizational skills; able to priorities workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively. Self-motivated with good analytical skills. Possessing a good level of commercial acumen balanced with customer focus.
- A key part of the role will be the engagement with our customers and therefore we require experience of working directly with customers, on customer sites.
- Ability to lead and motivate others will be part of the role.
- Working with a wide range of customers and sub-contractors whilst maintaining and protecting Siemens brand, includes working as part of a diverse workforce, both professionally and socially. Good communication skills, verbal, written.
You will need to be mobile, have a full driving license and prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve some staying away from home. You should be prepared to work on a call out rota, which is generally will be one week in three but could be subject to change in line with business need.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 93698
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time