A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Regional North/Scotland branch within our Building Technologies business as a Sales Engineer.
As the Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for co-coordinating with clients and managing the quoting and design elements of small works projects as well as supporting the Branch to effectively deliver projects sold.
Change the future with us.
Key to your role will be to liaise with our existing customers, assess their requirements, and generate quotations for new works to take place. This role will involve delivering small works projects (small works <100k) to all stakeholders.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing client enquiries and providing small works quotations.
- Processing customer orders, recording / forecasting all quotes, won/lost orders, and revenue closure monthly using business process tools.
- Identifying and assessing all risk factors. Implementing procedures for solving issues and problems (identification, analysis, actions and controlling) with all necessary internal and external partners.
- Supporting Branch Health & Safety initiatives and targets.
- Identifying and minimising any non-conformance costs.
- Maintaining high levels of understanding of Siemens SSP product portfolio.
- Providing product support for Branch personnel – including the Installation & Service engineering teams.
- Operating to the highest business standards, managing risk and protect the Siemens brand.
- Ensuring the company operates in accordance with Corporate Governance Standards.
What you need to make real what matters.
With your experience within fire/security field engineering and knowledge of the security and fire industry (BS5839 part 1-8, 9 & BS6266), you will be pivotal to the success of the branch.
You will also have
- Electrical qualification HNC/ NVQ/ City Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Health and Safety Awareness (IOSH managing safety) preferred
- Project management/engineering experience
- Emergency First Aid (preferred)
- Knowledge of IP Security solutions and associated architecture requirements
- General understanding of Ethernet networks and transmission technologies
- Dealing day to day with existing clients your strong organisational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work well within a team and help them with ad hoc tasks will be key to this opportunity.
As will be your:
- Ability to create management / customer reports
- Ability to be flexible in terms of supporting change, challenging, learning and adapting to new activities.
- Ability to be co-operative and conscientious, helpful and willing to use initiative
- Familiarity with product specific software
- IT literate, Microsoft, outlook, office, excel, word, power point
This role will involve extensive travel to the various areas which will include Newcastle, Aberdeen and areas surrounding Central Scotland. Ideal locations to be based would be Glasgow or Edinburgh as you would be central travelling from those locations to customer sites.
Essential to this role is that you hold full UK driving license.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 93699
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time