Supplier Quality Engineering Internship (12 months)
Siemens small gas turbine manufacturing company has existed on its present site in Lincoln for over 50 years. Lincoln is the base for the design and manufacture of world class gas turbines for applications within the Oil and Gas Industry and Industrial Power Generation. Today the Lincoln business employs around 1200 people and is a major exporter with more than 3300 units sold operating in 89 countries.
You could work at the cutting edge of engineering and be a part of this exciting and innovative company.
Embark on a journey to join the fast paced world of the Buying and Logistics Team in Lincoln, responsibilities include:
• You’ll be pivotal in both project managing supplier related technical projects and qualifying new process/parts within the supply base. These projects include risk mitigation/dual sourcing, product development and cost reduction.
• You’ll be the main link between our engineering teams and suppliers with a focus on value engineering and quality.
• You’ll support product/process qualifications from initial product design phases through to full release into serial production, conduct supplier root cause investigations and corrective actions through Problem Resolution process, support production with quality issues.
• Investigate and resolve manufacturing capability issues within the supply chain to ensure business continuity, conduct improvement projects for quality and delivery performance.
• Identify and support cost reduction opportunities.
• Support audits for existing and potential suppliers to determine capability of manufacturing and ensure quality systems are in place.
• Facilitate improvement projects to satisfy problems and improve performance of suppliers by applying appropriate LEAN / Quality improvement tools
Here’s what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
• A positive can-do attitude
• Results orientated
• A positive approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident with communicating at all levels
• Good leadership skills
• You’ll be working towards a 2:2 or above in Mechanical or Production Engineering
Whilst the role is based in Lincoln, our undergraduate roles could take you anywhere in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 93919
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time