Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Siemens small gas turbine manufacturing company, Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd, has existed on its present site in Lincoln for over 50 years. Lincoln is the base for the design and manufacture of world class gas turbines for applications within the Oil and Gas Industry and Industrial Power Generation (cogeneration). Today the Lincoln business employs around 1200 people and is a major exporter with more than 3300 units sold operating in 89 countries. Lincoln provides its customers with expertise covering all aspects of industrial power plant technology including; research and development; engineering; manufacturing; project management and lifetime product support.
The role will see the successful candidate join a collaborative team of technical computing engineers. The one year program will offer you the client exposure and support you need to develop a successful career in Technology.
• Within this period you’ll have exposure to a variety of IT disciplines including scoping, system development, and end user support as well as process re-engineering.
• You’ll be involved in the scoping and supporting of solutions to assist Research and Development, Manufacturing and Service business streams. IT products include Ansys, Manufacturing Operation Management Soluitions (MoM), Sharepoint, and Autocad just to name a few.
• You’ll get to work with IT Support Engineers, Project Managers and Business Partners in the GS IT Department as well as third party suppliers.
• You will be working towards a 2:2 or above in a Computer Science related degree
• Show a keen interest in IT development methodology, standards and digitalization is key.
• You will have proficient knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Software Solutions
• You will be analytical with a keen eye for detail
• You will be an excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective
• You will have well developed communication skills both written and verbal.
• Familiarity with IT Project Management methodology and process management would be an advantage but not essential.
• Gas Turbine knowledge is not essential, as training will be provided, but an interest in engineering simulation driven software would be an advantage.
Come and join us. Define our future and make it happen.
A highly motivated person with a ‘can do’ attitude who is results orientated and has a positive approach to work and their personal life. This person will need excellent interpersonal skills, will be confident in communicating at all levels and will posses excellent presentation and leadership skills.
We will be looking for evidence of activities carried out during university and during vacations.