Projects analyst / Operations analyst
Do you enjoy working with different cultures? Are you a people person with great communication, relationship building skills and a strong mindset? Do you have an eye for detail and an affinity for administration?
If you answered yes to the three questions above, our Project Analyst position for our Engineering Services team in Siemens PLM Leuven may be a great fit for you!
As a Project Analyst for the Engineering Services Central Operations Team you should enjoy working with different cultures, have good communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and an aptitude for numbers and recurring processes. Your role will be to support the financial administration and follow-up of our Engineering Services projects in the Asia-Pacific region. Your day-to-day work will involve very close communication with technical project managers residing all over the world, who will manage the project plans, schedules, and technical content. You will also regularly interface with financial organizations in Asia-Pacific countries to perform customer billing, cost tracking, and other financial transactions related to these projects.
Core Responsibilities: Administrative follow-up during the whole project cycle.
- Inspect project financial settings for newly-ordered projects; quality-checking all critical aspects before project technical work begins.
- Organizing and extracting key information from customer financial documents such as contracts and purchase orders
- Initiate customer billing actions and internal financial recognition transactions (both passing to other financial systems), based on triggers from the Project Managers and with input from Siemens Admins
- Building strong working relationships within both Engineering Services organizations and corporate financial groups in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Quality-check and problem-solving of financial transactions; e.g. comparing remaining funds against overall contract size or diagnosing mis-matching balances
- Supporting/coaching Technical Project Managers with system usage for the actions required from them to facilitate financial transactions
Good administrative skills, dedication to high-accuracy on repetitive tasks and a drive to continuously improve processes.
Good relationship-building skills, pro-active initiative to search out and implement solutions to moderately complex problems
An affinity and open mind for working with various Eastern and Western cultures, with appreciation and respect for local customs.
The ability to work independently, pursuing support as needed within a global community of peers. A combination of being flexible and resilient/assertive.
Strong computer skills and ability to adapt to new/changing systems, a basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Strong communication skills and command of the English language. Any additional languages are a plus.
A background in basic financial transactions (e.g. client billing, budget tracking, etc.) is a plus but not necessary.
Job ID: 94132
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time